Photos : Florian Kopp http://www.florian-kopp.de
« APRONIA » is a group of services for children and adolescents open 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Puerto Maldonado, Pérou
NEWS : Assemblée générale ordinaire : le 26 mai 2018 à 11h à l’ Abbaye de l’Arc à Morges (VD, Suisse)
- The “Welcome Centre” can accommodate about 30 children and adolescents from the age of 4;
- The admission criteria are very strict and placements require the approval of the Judge for minors;
- The stay can be limited in time, yearly or as so often permanent;
- The children remain in the Centre until they are able to live independently;
- The young children are looked after by educators and other professionals;
- The requests for placement is very high in the region. Many children cannot be accepted for lack of space and resources;
- The social services therefore have organised support outside Apronia’s premises to offer help to children in their own environment;
- All children and adolescents attend the local school and are also entitled to further education;
- Apronia finances scholarships for adolescents who are too old for integration into the school system;
- Adolescents can also enter a vocational career through an apprenticeship in one of Apronias Soldarity ventures:
The Lodge of the ESTRANCIA BELLO HORIZONTE located in the forest,
GUSTITO DEL CURA pastry and ice cream parlour,
The stationary and book shop EL BALCON.
- The whole business sector is partly financed by the profits from the “Solidarity Ventures” and partly from the funds collected by the Swiss Association.
- The objective is to build up an economically stable and autonomous business.